Fuel Efficiency and Low Exhaust Emissions
The Cat C4.4 engine achieves emission levels equivalent to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Tier 3, EU Stage IIIA, Korean Tier 3 and China Stage 2 emission standards, while offering increased performance, high fuel efficiency and reliability. This means more work done in a day, low operating cost and minimal impact on our environment.
Low sound levels, as a result of the variable fan speed and remote cooling system.
Technologies and Longer Service Intervals
Product Link allows remote monitoring of the machine and helps improve your fleet efficiency as well as reduce your costs. Your Cat dealer can help extend service intervals, meaning fewer required fluids and disposals, all adding up to lower operating costs.
Fewer Leaks and Spills
Lubricant filters and various drains are designed to minimize spills. Cat O-ring face seals, XT™ hoses and cylinders help prevent leaks that can reduce performance and cause harm to the environment.
The Power and Performance You Need – Constant Power Strategy
Responding quickly to changing loads, the constant power strategy delivers the same amount of power regardless of operating conditions. The Cat engine achieves emission levels equivalent to U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Tier 3, EU Stage IIIA, Korean Tier 3 and China Stage 2 emission standards, delivers a maximum net power (Acc. ISO 14396) of 102 kW at a rated speed of 2,000 rpm.
Fuel Efficiency – Common Rail Fuel System and Fuel Pump
This combination provides outstandingly low fuel consumption during both working and traveling applications.
Fuel Efficiency – Demand Fan Cooling System
The electronically controlled hydraulic motor drives a variable speed on-demand fan, resulting in optimized fuel consumption.
Fuel Efficiency – One-Touch Low Idle Control
The Automatic Engine Speed Control reduces engine speed if no operation is performed, reducing fuel consumption and sound levels.
Fuel Efficiency – Eco and Work Modes
- The Eco Mode can significantly reduce your fuel consumption
- The Travel Mode optimizes driveline performance while preserving fuel
- The Power Mode is the best compromise between productivity and fuel efficiency
Comfortable Seat Options
Both standard and comfort seat options give your operators all the comfort they need for a long day of work. The comfort seat is equipped with a passive seat climate control and air suspension which can be adjusted to the operator’s weight, allowing relaxed, ergonomic sitting.
Low Vibration/Sound Levels
The rubber-mounted cab includes thick steel tubing. Associated with the comfortable air-suspended seat helps reduce vibrations and sound levels.
Two-way pedals for travel and auxiliary circuits provide increased floor space, reducing the need to change positions. The auxiliary high-pressure pedal can be locked in the off position and used as a footrest. The steering column is easily tiltable thanks to a large pedal at its base.
Automatic Climate Control
Easy adjustment of the cab temperature with filtered ventilation to make your operators comfortable in all climates.
A large compartment behind the seat provides sufficient room to store a large lunch box or a hard hat. A cover secures the contents during machine operation. Several other dedicated spaces can hold large mugs, MP3 players or a cell phone.
Power Supply and MP3 Radio
The cab includes a 12V-7A power supply socket for charging electronic devices such as MP3 players, laptops and cell phones. A CD/MP3 radio is available.
Ergonomic Layout and Smart Controls
The operator station is designed for simplicity, functionality and ease of operation. Frequently used switches are centralized on the right-hand switch console. Features like the heavy lift mode, ride control or SmartBoom will not only increase your productivity but also help reduce fatigue for your operators.
Large Color Monitor
Easy to read and in local language, you can rely on the high-resolution LCD monitor, which will keep you aware of any important information. “Quick Access” buttons allow a quick selection of favorite functions. The tool select function lets you preset up to ten different hydraulic attachments for quick tool changes.
All glass is affixed directly to the cab, eliminating the use of window frames. The 70/30 split front windshield stores the upper portion above the operator and is easy to release. A large skylight provides upward visibility and includes a retractable sunscreen. The parallel wiper system covers the entire front windshield.
Standard Rearview Camera
Together with the best in class visibility to all sides, the rear view displayed on the monitor helps ensure a safe operation.
High Travel Speed (Maximum 37 km/h)
Reduces travel time between sites.
Rigidity and long life with effective transmission protection and heavy-duty axles. The transmission is mounted directly on the rear axle for protection and optimum ground clearance. The front axle offers wide oscillating and steering angles.
Smart Travel Alarm (Adjustable)
The alarm sounds when the machine starts moving. The Auto Mode stops the alarm when it has been sounding for an uninterrupted 10-second interval. It can also be disabled (optional).
Stabilizers and Dozer Blade – Versatile Solutions to Do It All.
Various undercarriage configurations are available to provide the best solution for your work environment including dozer blades and/or outriggers. Outriggers can be individually controlled to horizontally stabilize the machine even on slight slopes.
Advanced Disc Brake System
Minimizes the rocking effect when working free on wheels. The disc brake system acts directly on the hub instead of the drive shaft to avoid planetary gear backlash. The axle design lowers life costs. Oil change intervals are at 2,000 working hours.
Keep both hands on the joysticks even when simultaneously moving the implements and repositioning the machine, by the use of the slider switch on the right joystick.
Dedicated Swing Pump
This closed hydraulic circuit maximizes swing performance without reducing power to the other hydraulic functions, resulting in smoother combined movements.
Proportional Auxiliary Hydraulics, Tremendous Versatility
The versatility of the hydraulic system can be expanded to utilize a wide variety of hydraulic work tools using multiple valve options. Basic controls include (optional):
- The Multi-Combined Valve allows the operator to select up to ten preset work tools from the monitor.
- A medium pressure function providing proportional flow, ideal for tilting buckets or rotating tools
- A hammer line (one-way high pressure)
- A dedicated circuit to operate hydraulic quick couplers.
Heavy Lift Mode
Maximizes your lifting performance by boosting the lifting capacity of the machine up to 7%.
Adjustable Swing Aggressiveness
Allows you to adjust the aggressiveness of the machine swing to match the operator’s preferences.
Stick Regeneration Circuit
Increases efficiency and helps enhance controllability for higher productivity.
Booms and sticks are welded, box section structures with thick, multiplate fabrications in high stress areas for the tough work you do.
The choice of various booms and sticks provides the right balance of reach and digging forces for all applications.
- Short stick (2000 mm) for maximum breakout force and lifting capability
- Medium stick (2300 mm) for greater crowd force and lift capacity
- Variable Adjustable (VA) – improved right side visibility and roading balance. When working in tight quarters or lifting heavy loads, the VA boom offers the best flexibility.
- One-Piece Boom* and One-Piece Reach Boom – Fits best for all standard applications such as truck loading and digging. A unique straight section in the curve of the side plate reduces stress flow and helps increase boom life.
*One-Piece Boom is not available in all markets. Check with your local dealer.
Scraping rock and finishing work is easy and fast. SmartBoom simplifies the task and allows more focus on stick and bucket, while the boom freely goes up and down without using pump flow.
The front parts automatically follow the hammer while penetrating the rock. Blank shots or excessive force on the hammer are avoided resulting in longer life for the hammer and the machine. Similar advantages with vibratory plate compactors.
Loading trucks from a bench is more productive and fuel efficient as the return cycle is reduced while the boom down function does not require pump flow.
The ride control system lets you travel faster over rough terrain with improved ride quality for the operator. Accumulators are acting as shock absorbers to dampen the front part motion. It can be activated through a button located on the soft switch panel in the cab.
Cat Work Tools are designed to function as an integral part of your excavator and are performance-matched to Cat machines.
Hydraulic quick couplers enable to simply release one attachment and connect to another without the need to leave the cab, making your excavator highly versatile and productive. Spindle quick couplers are also available.
A wide range of specialized buckets including the Cat K Series™ or J type (depending on the region) Ground Engaging Tools is available to match all application requirements.
Cat hammer series deliver very high blow rates, increasing the productivity of your tool carriers in demolition and construction applications.
The Multi-Grapple with unlimited left and right rotation is the ideal tool for stripping, sorting, handling and loading. The powerful closing force of the grab shells combined with fast opening/closing time ensures rapid cycle time, which translates to more tons per hour.
Vibratory Plate Compactors
Cat compactors integrate perfectly with the Cat hammer line – brackets and hydraulic kits are fully interchangeable between hammers and compactors.
Save Time with Every Tool Change
Perform tool changes in seconds … Combine a quick coupler with common work tools that can be shared between the same size machines and you’ll get flexibility on every job. The hydraulic quick coupler automates tool exchange, so operators can change work tools quickly, from the safety and comfort of their cabs. Make your operators more efficient and productive.
From helping you to choose the right machine to knowledgeable on-going support, Cat dealers provide the best-in-sales and services.
- Best long-term investment with financing options and services
- Productive operation with training programs
- Preventive Maintenance and guaranteed maintenance contracts
- Uptime, with best-in-class parts availability
- Repair, rebuild, or replace? Your dealer can help evaluate the best option.
Product Link helps you take the guesswork out of equipment management.
With timely, useful information, you can better manage your assets and costs. Just a few clicks give you access to comprehensive remote monitoring, asset tracking and maintenance management. The powerful, web-based VisionLink® application allows you to see information from all your assets – working time vs. idle time, fuel usage, diagnostic fault codes, security alerts and more. When you know where your equipment is, what it’s doing and how it’s performing, you can maximize your efficiency and lower your operating costs. It pays to know Cat Product Link. VisionLink is a trademark of Trimble Navigation Limited, registered in the United States and in other countries.
Extended Service Intervals to Reduce Costs
- S·O·SSM Oil Sampling Analysis – Enhances performance and durability. This system can predict potential failures and can extend hydraulic oil change intervals up to 6,000 hours.
- Engine Oil (low ash oil) – Cat engine oil is more cost effective and provides industry-leading performance. Engine oil change interval can be extended up to 500 hours.
- Capsule Filter – The hydraulic return filter prevents from contamination when the hydraulic oil is changed.
- Fuel Filters and Water Separator – The new filtration system is suited for challenging work conditions, even when using poor fuel quality. The new primary filter offers increased filtration capabilities and works in conjunction with a water separator. Fuel filters are designed to last up to 500 hours (250 hours with very poor fuel quality). The primary fuel filter includes a fuel priming pump, a water level switch and a visual restriction indicator.
- Remote Greasing – Centralized or grouped points for hard to reach locations.
- Refueling Pump (optional).
Easy Ground Level Maintenance
Our excavators are designed with the operator and technician in mind. Door opening is assisted with Gaz springs.
- Front Compartment – Ground level access to the batteries, air-to-air aftercooler, air conditioner condenser and the air cleaner filter.
- Swing-out Air Conditioner Condenser allows cleaning on both sides and access to the air-to-air aftercooler.
- Engine Compartment – The longitudinal layout ensures accessibility from ground level.